CATIA launch fails

I have a little more information about this problem reported September 2002,
when trying to launch CATIA V4 with cygwin with PC display at 16 bits or 32
bits, we seem to have a color mapping problem, the error message we have is:

Warning: Cannot convert string "-dt-interface
user-medium-r-normal-m*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" to type FontStruct
Xlib:  extension "XInputExtension" missing on display "10.227.22.46:1.0".

CATRACE FILE : /private_data/sct23/catraceA.log

                         ********************************
                         * ERROR NUMBER : S0011         *
                         ********************************

 *-----------------------------------*

 * CATIA : NO ABNORMAL END RECOVERY  *

 *-----------------------------------*
Error code BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
X connection to 10.227.22.46:1.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

also we have:

 ----------------- START OF CATIA TRACEBACK -------

* Signal  with offset 0x000000C4 in routine XCreateColormap

  -- XCreateColormap
  -- main entry point = 0xD03DC040

  -- Language : C

  ===>  UNKNOWN ARGUMENTS  !!!

this is the original email message from Bruce Nelson few months ago.
thanks
Chantal
RE: CATIA Launch Fails