Re: Switching between DOS and UNIX mode

Use the 'mount' command.  In fact, you should be able to simply mount some
particular directories (e.g., the ones the checkout is done into) in text
(DOS) mode for those developers that need this, and leave the Cygwin
installation itself in binary (Unix) mode.  Note: mounts in Cygwin are
(currently) persistent.
	Igor

Does the selection of unix / dos at installation time actually make any difference? Can't everything be redefined later via the mount command? I selected DOS at install time, is there an advanteage to installing in unix mode?

I am encountering different behaviour between a few machines with regards to CR LFs. I am trying to work my way through it but it is quite perplexing! I need to do more investigations in order to ask a decent question, but do the mount settings effect the behaviour of any non-cygwin application? I would not expect any effect, is that so?

Thanks,

Jason