Different package selection between Internet install , and download from internet

I'm having the same problem as Stephen Chan (msg below)

From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:59:42 -0500
Subject: Re: 1.5.5-1:libpcre0 package missing when I chose the Download from
Internet install option.

When I selected Install from Internet, MANY more packages are available than
when I tried Download from Internet.
So- the libpcre is NOT even available when I download and install from my
system

I've tried this from 2 different mirrors.

Why is the package selection different between these 2 options ?