Re: Mutt + Cygwin on the go

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 12:35:01PM +0200, Miki Tebeka wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've written a little page on my experience with cygwin + mutt + laptops
> (reading/sending mail offline).
>
> I'd be glad to hear any comments.
>
> http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~tebeka/Geek/HowTo/mutt-cygwin.html

Here are my comments:

Instead of ssmtp and handmade scripts I use exim for sending mail. With
the exim-config script it can be configured in 5 minutes and it can send
offline mails. It doesn't even need to run as a daemon.

MailDir works fine here together with 2cygwn managed mounts", see
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-11/msg00799.html and the thread
around it.

The perl LDAP-support for mutt works fine here, it compiled OOTB with
the latest perl version from cygwin AFAIR.

Gruss Olaf Föllinger

--
Olaf Föllinger
Berater