saving problem w/ postgresql

Sven Köhler skoehler@upb.de
Wed Mar 19 03:30:00 GMT 2003

> I am curious however, why you are not running this
> on some version of Linux.  Win2k may be a great
> improvement over win9x, but it is still a second rate OS.

don't blame him for the OS he is using! it's not even a problem with the
OS, but with the software he is using.
i would expect postgresql to run as stable as under linux, if there
would be a native windows build, which is not the case.

> Cygwin is outstanding in those cases where there is no
> choice but to use windows.  Linux is outstanding when
> you do have a choice.

postgresql is designed to be compiled and run on a unix-os like linux
and cygwin is not designed to be used on a production system, so what
Greg is doing is "unstable by design".