Re: Is perl-5.8.2 canonized for use on cygwin yet?

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 02:51:12AM -0800, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna@efn.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 04:04:11PM -0700, "Blair P. Houghton" <blair@houghton.net> wrote:
> > In the meantime I realized that 5.8.2 is newer than I
> > thought it was.  Maybe I *am* the first to try to build
> > it on cygwin.  Nah.  Someone out there has seen this
> > before.
>
> Works for me.  Please give output from /usr/src/perl-5.8.2/myconfig,
> make --version, and cygcheck -c make.  If you mean you didn't use
> Configure with the -d switch (highly recommended), please also attach
> config.sh.
>
> Feel free to email me directly and I'll try to help you.

No luck so far.  I downgraded to the make that you are using, but it
still worked.  Grasping at straws:  What shell are you using?  Where
did you get the perl source from?  What does the ext/B/C/Makefile look
like?  Does a manual "make -f Makefile all" in that directory give the
same error?

You may want to update your cygwin and see if that helps.  I see you
are using 1.3.20 and gcc 3.2 20020927 (prerelease) vs. my 1.5.5 and
gcc 3.3.1 (cygming special) but I don't see how that would cause this
failure.

Oh, and please send the cygwin list cygcheck -s -v -r output as an
attachment.