Problem with sys.executable in python.

Hi all:

Can somebody with anup to date python please run the following program
interactively:

  import sys
  print sys.executable

When I run this, sys.executable returns the current working directory,
not /usr/bin/python.

I just had to have my machine rebuilt from an image, and I have
already discovered that the restore doesn't preserve case, so things
were/are kind of goofy in my cygwin installation. I reinstalled python
and that cleaned up a lot of breakage.

cygcheck -c cygwin python shows:

Package              Version        Status
cygwin               1.5.5-1        OK
python               2.3.2-1        OK

Does anybody know of a way to get cycheck to check the case of
filenames/directories and report incorrect case as well? The brain
dead approach of

  CYGWIN=check_case:strict cygcheck -c python

didn't work. Not that I really expected it to since cygcheck isn't
linked against cygwin1.dll

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard