RE: GCC G77 Sleep Intrinsic

Sorry to re-post on top of my previous one, but I've had another thought (on a Friday as well !).
Given that the problem has shown on Win 98 SE, but seems okay on Win XP & 2K:   Maybe the clock 'tick' used in the Win 9x API is different to that used in the Win NT API ?  I don't have access to a Win 9x machine at the moment, but maybe someone would like to try something like a 'CALL Sleep(2000)' in G77 under Win9x and see if it waits for around 2 seconds ?   This question seems to have stirred some distant memory in the darkest recesses of my brain, about Win 9x clock ticks being at milli-second intervals, but those recesses are far too dark to be able to remember clearly.
Kevin.

| |
| | On Thursday 11 December 2003 02:14, Lars Steinke wrote:
| |  > Hello,
| |  >
| |  > I am using G77 (cygwin, GCC G77 on Windows 98 SE) and
| |  > I have a problem with the following function:
| |  >
| |  > Sleep Intrinsic
| |  > CALL Sleep(Seconds)
| |  >
| |  > Seconds: INTEGER(KIND=1); scalar; INTENT(IN).
| |  >
| |  > Intrinsic groups: unix.
| |  >
| |  >
| |  > Causes the process to pause for Seconds seconds. See sleep(2).
| |  >
| |  > <http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3.2/g77/Sleep->
| | Intrinsic.html#Sleep%20Intrinsic>
| |  >
| |  > If I write:
| |  >
| |  > CALL Sleep(1)
| |  >
| |  > in my program and if I compile my program with:
| |  >
| |  > g77 -o test test.f
| |  >
| |  > the 'sleep' is so fast that you can not see it.
| |  >
| | Works fine here on XP. Check the FAQ's to see if C sleep() or
| | the Sleep API
| | may not be supported on 98.
| |
| | I did check the FAQ, but without success...
| | I am not very adept at cygwin and g77... Can you help me?
| |
| | Thank you very much!
| |
| | Lars