Re: Setup hangs in postinstall

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Michael Robbert wrote:

> [snip]
> P.S. I probably shouldn't mention this, but I had the strangest thing
> happen to me yesterday. One of the machines that was having this
> problem, my laptop, stopped having it all of a sudden. This machine is
> dual boot and when I booted to XP to get this trace I found that it
> would no longer hang, even when running Antoine's loop. This trace is
> from my client's machine which is still having the problem. I'm pretty
> sure that I didn't do any kind of updates that would make this change
> happen.

<WAG>
Cygwin setup will sometimes defer replacing in-use files until the next
reboot.  If setup asked you to reboot after upgrading Cygwin last time,
that means it had some files scheduled for replacement, while you were
still running with the old versions of the DLLs.  Rebooting may fix the
problem for your client machine as well.  The same, obviously, applies to
Antoine.
</WAG>
	Igor
--