Re: problem with dll and stdout

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 09:50:53AM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Jaroslaw Pawlak wrote:
>
> > hello, i have this problem, when i load dll written in cygwin to my
> > program(made in VC) all stdout is lost. I read on this list's archiwe that
> > it happens, but i never saw an solution. What to do to avoid loosing
> > stdout???
> > thanks in advance.
> > Jarek
>
> Don't mix Cygwin DLLs with VC++ ones.  VC++ DLLs use MSVCRT as their C
> runtime, and Cygwin DLLs use cygwin1.dll.  This can create conflicts in
> all sorts of areas, especially terminal access (output streams).  You can
> create a non-Cygwin DLL by passing the '-mno-cygwin' option to gcc.
> 	Igor
Hello! the problem is i'm not using all gcc but only ld and ld does not
understands the -mno-cygwin switch. Also i have to mix this cygwin dll
with my VC program so this isn't good solution for me. If you say that
this option -mno-cygwin would help then please tell me something more
about
gcc. I have changed ld becouse it had this 0 bit reloc bug, but when i
tried to make my dll with gcc (i already got the *.obj so i used gcc olny
for its -mno-cygwin switch) then i run into 0 bit reloc again. How to
recompile the gcc alone? becouse binutils after compilation didn't left
any gcc.exe.  What to do ???
Again, thanks for an answer!
Jarek