nfsd - curious problem

I have the latest nfsd, portmapd and mountd (running as services) and I
have them working, mounting things from various UNIX boxes etc. However,
when I try to share and mount a CD from my PC on a remote UNIX box (one
of the most useful reasons to have NFSd running on a local PC ...), I
almsot invariably get "Stale NFS file handle": Here are the specifcs:

I have mounted the CD on /d:

d: on /exports/d type system (binmode)

I have exported this:

/exports/d      (ro,all_squash)

On the remote UNIX machines, I can mount / and then cd to /exports/d and
look around without any problems whatsoever. But if I try to mount
/exports/d directly:

mount -F nfs -o ro xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/exports/d /tmp/REMCD
mount: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/exports/d on /tmp/REMCD : Stale NFS file handle

If I mount /:

mount -F nfs -o ro xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/exports/c /tmp/REMCD

No problem, for example. Now, in /var/adm/nfsd.log, when I try to mount
/exports/d (the CD drive), I get:

nfsd[3060] 12/09/103 14:56 fh.c 629 : Cannot stat /exports/lib

How strange! I tried making /exports/lib a symlink to /usr/lib, out of
interest. Then, I got:

nfsd[3060] 12/09/103 15:02 fh.c 629 : Cannot stat /exports/sbin

So, I added a symlink to /sbin to /exports too and then:

nfsd[3060] 12/09/103 15:19 fh.c 629 : Cannot stat /exports/tmp

and so on up to /var - same Stale handel error. After adding /var, no
more errors in /var/adm/nfsd.log but still Stale NFS handle errors on
mounting the CD drive share sirectly. No errors mounting anything else.

This is very odd. Any ideas?

PK

*****DISCLAIMER*****

This electronic transmission (and any attached document) is intended
exclusively for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or other action  based upon
the information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from any and all computers.
Mobistar does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this
information, nor does it accept liability for any delays.

*****END OF DISCLAIMER*****