Re: lack of libgen.h in Cygwin (dirname+basename). Solved? + statvfs.h

Hello Gerrit,

Danke.Thanks for the hint. I downloaded it and it works fine (at least compile/linked without
warnings ...). That is a much satisfactory solution. I had grabbed some code for dir/basename
but they were non standard, and would oblige me to change the calls to those functions ...
Now a more philosophical point: will libgen be part of the official distribution?. I would like to write
a note to the developers of BHP_SU, about how to include Cygwin alongside IRIX, ... and that
is important to know, to avoid others from having the same problems I did.

So maybe you know the answer to this, too. The original BHP package used statvfs.h, but in Cygwin
that -> statfs.h . I did change that, then realized I also had to change the references to the struct
from statvfs to statfs, but f_frsize does not exist in statfs.h, and I replaced it with f_bsize, which
seemed the closest match (optimal block size, fundamental block size). Is that right?

The BHP_SU_V5.0 code compiles and runs, now, thanks to your input. But it is a complex 3-tierd
thing: Seismix Unix v3.6+ BHP_SU_V5.0+BHPViewer (java). The viewer uses a shell script, which
invokes java and passes CLASSPATH and other PATH (for the routines themselves, in the layers
bellow, that do the work). Apparently in Cygwin one uses the Windows Java VM. I changed the
/: for \; in CLASSPATH and it launched. I did not change the other (BINPATH, ...) from their Unix
style, because they will be called from within the Cygwin bash shell, but have yet to test this.

Regards,

Luis