lack of libgen.h in Cygwin (dirname+basename). Solved?

Hi,

I just followed some threads here and understood the code exists already and would be included in
version 1.5.x, the question being where to place it (libgen.h ...). Then the thread is broken, and other
higher priority tasks probably came into the way... (this is not a complain ...)

So, this is addressed to the developers: I would be happy to get a workaround (that is something like
dirname.c, basename.c, I could link to the public domain code I need to compile).  I would be very
grateful if I could get those, while some more robust solution is being worked out.

I understand that the developers of the code (BHP_SU_V5.0), http://www.cwp.mines.edu/cwpcodes/BHP_SU/index.html
would probably be happy to extend  support to Cygwin (only IRIX, Linux, Solaris, for the moment), and I could
help on that.

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Luis Torres