Re: How to execute bash file under /usr/bin despite setting PATH="/us r/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:$PATH"

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 12:57:22PM -0500, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
>"Nguyen, Huu-Dung" wrote:
>>I encounter the problem while installing a tool running on Cygwin, that
>>comes from MicroCross (www.microcross.com) XTools The tool installs all
>>important things and the bash setup file to /usr/bin.
>
>Right.  They are the ones creating a physical c:\cygwin\usr\bin
>directory because their installation mechanism is to Win(un)zip all the
>files.  Their installation instructions also tell you to uninstall
>Cygwin and remove all the cygwin files and directories, and to remove
>all the registry entries for Cygwin Solutions, (which happen to include
>the mount points).  Looks like their version of Cygwin is ancient,
>either 1.2 or 1.3.22.

<obligatory question>Does MicroCross provide source code for the cygwin
they provide?</obligatory question>

I'm sure this has come up before but I'd like to hear from anyone who has
purchased something recently.