Question on features built into Cygwin Vim binary (for Corinna)

I noticed that Cygwin-distributed Vim binary did not have support
for Cscope built-in ('-cscope' returned from the :version command),
so I downloaded the source and after about a dozen failed attempts --
mostly due to operator error -- I finally got a build that will work.
However, I noticed that some features in the Cygwin binary are absent
in my build, and I hope you can tell me what I may be missing and if
it's important.

Other than the presence of Cscope support, the only other feature
differences are the following: -gettext, -iconv, -multi-byte.
I have some idea what I'm losing with -multi-byte, but what are
the other features for?  The Makefile is handy for documenting
some of the features, but not these.  BTW, the :version command
also informs me that my compilation was missing the following
libraries: -liconv -lintl.

Finally, a word to all those clamoring for a gvim for Cygwin:
I applied patches through 1-154 and attempted to build for Motif (using
Lesstif) and X11 GUI.  I got an executable built, but it suffers from
a segmentation violation as soon as it starts.  And it doesn't matter
whether I use Xfree-86 or a commercial X-server (e.g. XWin32 from
Starnet).  Console mode works reliably, and when built without X
support it does start up noticeably faster.