RE: Plus sign '+' in file permissions

I'm guessing the '+' is used whenever there are permissions that do not
comply directly with the rwx(user,group,world) schema.

Behold:
depriest@quagmire /bin
$ ls -l ls.exe
-rwxrwxrwx    1 admins   mkgroup     71680 Jul 13 10:23 ls.exe*
is the same as
C:\cygwin\bin>xcacls ls.exe
C:\cygwin\bin\ls.exe Everyone:F

However, a newly downloaded and chmod'd to 777 .exe file looks like
this:
depriest@quagmire /bin
$ ls -l connect.exe
-rwxrwxrwx+   1 admins   mkgroup     69632 Nov 19 12:52 connect.exe*
which equals the extremely ugly NTFS permission-set below
C:\cygwin\bin>xcacls connect.exe
C:\cygwin\bin\connect.exe BUILTIN\Administrators:(special access:)
                                                 STANDARD_RIGHTS_ALL
                                                 DELETE
                                                 READ_CONTROL
                                                 WRITE_DAC