Re: how to do "hexdump" to analyze special white-space characters?

I discovered a program called dump that displays input as hex. I found it very useful. It is in the cygutils package.

regards,
jeremy

Ralf Hauser wrote:

The application I am working on is quite sensitive to the whitespaces (e.g.
\n versus \r\n, etc.) it gets in the files I feed it.

To some degree, I can analyze different variants of these files with
"cat -vte".
But even better would be to see more in detail which hex code the characters
have as I can do under Linux with "hexdump -C".

How would I do that with cygwin?

Has anybody had success the 3 yr old Japanese util-cygwin-1.0.tar.gz as per
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2000-10/msg00778.html?

Any other hints? Other cygwin tools that achieve the same result?

Many thanks in advance!

Ralf

on replies, pls cc: me at hauser@acm.org