OpenSSL problem ? (Was Re: Pine 4.58 for Cygwin takes a very longtime to close a certain IMAP INBOX)

OK, so here's what turns out to be an OpenSSL issue. All thanks
to Eduardo.

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Eduardo Chappa wrote:

> *** Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote on Nov 11, 2003:
>
> :) > Is there any delay?
> :)
> :) Yes.
>
> Ok, this means that the problem is not Pine. It's openssl. You may want to
> repeat the experiment and see if
>
> openssl s_client -connect mail.postaccesslite.com:993
>
> a logout
>
> repeats the problem.

Yes, it does, and may be easier for others to try to reproduce.

> In any case, the problem is not Pine. You may want to contact
> the openssl maintainer to see what s/he says.

At first I'm redirecting it to the Cygwin mailing-list since it
works on Linux.

For those of you who aren't aware, all started with

How to reproduce it:

$ openssl s_client -connect mail.postaccesslite.com:993
a logout
* BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down
a OK LOGOUT completed
read:errno=0

It takes around a minute to return to the shell prompt after
the 'a logout'.

Eduardo couldn't reproduce it.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html