Re: STDIN and STDOUT not connected to a terminal?

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#not_losing

>The folks at ActiveState cannot reproduce this problem; they _can_ run
>ppm with the latest version of cygwin bash.

>This is Perl 5.8.0
>Windows 2000 Pro
>theoretically latest cygwin (I installed it recently)
>BASH_VERSION='2.05b.0(1)-release'
>CYGWIN='ntsec tty'
               ^^^

ActiveState perl is not a cygwin application.  It doesn't understand
cygwin ttys.  If you remove the 'tty' from the settings then -t will
probably work in a standard cygwin console.  It will not work right with
applications like 'rxvt' or 'ssh' which use cygwin ptys.  There is
no workaround for this other than using cygwin's perl.

>If there is something more you need to know, then please _tell me what
>it is_.  Don't be cryptic.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id2854531

In the interests of helping you send a smarter question next time, here
is how you could have sent your message so that it would not require
several readings to figure out what was wrong:

*I am using ActiveState perl.  I've noticed that the following one line
*application does not display 'is a tty':
*
*perl -le 'print "is a tty\n" if -t STDIN'
*
*My cygcheck output is attached as per http://cygwin.com/problems.html ."
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.