cygwin scp wierdness

Hi,

Ive just installed cygwin on my new XP laptop.
SCP does not work on this installation.
If I run
scp a@b.c.edu:filename .
I get prompted for password. Once I type the (correct)
password, the program simply returns with no further
output on the screen. It doesnt copy the desired file either.

Ssh works fine. So the problem is really just scp.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling cygwin, and still I have
the same error.

Ive installed and used cygwin on several machines in the
past, but this is the first time Ive done it on an XP, and this
is the first time Im experiencing this wierdness.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bhiksha