wtf wtf

Having been alerted to the useful ANTIWORD by this NG (Thanx Very
Much) , I also happened across WTF

wtf "translates acronyms and filename suffixes for you"

I installed and naivelly typed > wtf gsm
Nowt happened. From reading the brief man page,
I realised that the datafiles were in /usr/share/wtf

However the datafiles aren't very large/comprehensive which makes the
tool rather useless. I can generate my own datafiles with wtfindex.
But cannot see what WTF gives me that a simple grep couldn't do just
as well.

My main GRUMBLE however is that Yet Another Man Page which gives no
examples eg

> wtf AFAIK

> wtf .asm      (you have to include the dot to get file extensions)

> wtf sco   (try this one!!)

Why are MAN pages often so useless when you dont understand the
basics, ie when the concept is new to you????

zzapper
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips