Re: Key-based authentication fails when keys are in Samba directory

Can an unauthenticated user access //sambaserver/username via Windows?
If not, that's the real problem.  You'll have to use password authentication
unless you change the access.  I'd be surprised if your problem is driven by
directory/file permission issues anyway, since you have StrictModes turned
off.  Fiddling with permissions when they aren't being checked isn't going
to do much AFAICS.

Larry