Re: tcsetattr ()

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Martin Farnik wrote:

> Brian Ford wrote:
> >Incidentally, I am working on a trivial cleanup patch to fix:
> >
> >http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-10/msg00708.html
> >
> >I just haven't had time to test it thoroughly yet.  I have no idea about
> >this person's second "random hang" problem.  It wasn't very eloquently
> >described.
>
> It is a good news that you are working on patch to fix it.
> It is very easy to test it.

Want to test it for me?

Do you know how to compile and test the cygwin1.dll if I send you the
patch, or would you prefer a binary?

Can you test it on multiple OSes?

> I try to connect 2 PC thru serial line and run on first PC program that
> permanently send data thru serial line to second PC.. When I try to
> call function tcflush at Windows98 on second PC program hangs.

Sure.  I understand the problem.  It just takes a good deal of effort to
get a setup like this if you don't already have one.

> I think that this random hangs problem is closely connected to problem
> above (with full serial buffer).

I haven't seen anything like this myself, but the devices I talk to don't
just stream continually that often.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer