This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated Cygwin package: bash-2.05b-16
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: luke dot kendall at cisra dot canon dot com dot au
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:20:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Updated Cygwin package: bash-2.05b-16
- References: <20031024004655.893E434C52@nevin.research.canon.com.au>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> On 23 Oct, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> > Version 2.05b-16 of the Bash package is now available for download.
> > This is a bugfix release relative to 2.05b-15, and fixes the bug reported
> > and patched in http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-10/msg01166.html.
> Might ash (/bin/sh) suffer from the same problem? Might this explain
> why /etc/XFree86-bin-icons.sh often hangs the install when it does
> the backtic cygpath and has to be killed?
Actually, the problem with XFree86-bin-icons *was* a bash problem.
Setup.exe ran /etc/postinstall/XFree86-bin-icons.sh using /bin/sh, and
that called a *bash* script (/usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86-bin-icons.sh, with
"#!/bin/bash" magic). When cygpath was run from there (within backticks)
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html