C in cygwin under WinNT and XP

Hi.
I have a program in C that reads a config file.
I "make" the program under cygwin in two machines: one
NT box and one XP.
both cygwin installations are the same. Unmodified
(i.e. have not meddled with different versions of
applications).
on NT the program runs great. On XP the program hangs
when reading the config file.
Any Ideas?

Thanks.
Francisco.

=====
Francisco.
panchoi@netzero.net

"Hoy puede ser un gran dia, plantéatelo así. Aprovecharlo, que pase de largo, depende en parte de tí."

 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Gandhi