Re: Calling bash shell from W2K batch script

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 12:19:13PM -0400, Jared Ingersoll wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if someone could provide the syntax for calling a cygwin
>shell script from the Windows 2000 cmd prompt. I'm trying to do something
>like this:
>
>d:\>start c:\cygwin\bin\bash -c "./script1.sh"
>
>But it doesn't seem to be working quite right, some pipes and such don't
>work and I can't execute a command in the script like > file.`date +%Y%m%d`.
>What I'm trying to do is write a cygwin script to execute some mixed NT
>commands and unix commands to check some network stuff, move around some
>files etc. The reason I want to do it this way is to use windows task
>scheduler to automate the task on a nightly bases.

You may be stumbling into the problem that was recently fixed in bash.
It manifested as "setup hanging" but it would have affected the use
of pipes in processes that are started like you describe above.

So, if you haven't done so already, please update your installation.

If you have done this then please go over to http://cygwin.com/problems.html
and provide the kind of details mentioned on that page.

cgf