This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: OLOCA: YANALATEYHSMBSI pronounciation
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "La Monte H.P. Yarroll" <piggy at timesys dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:50:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: OLOCA: YANALATEYHSMBSI pronounciation
- References: <3F967423.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Please don't send personal email with Cygwin questions and suggestions.
All Cygwin-related correspondence should go to the main Cygwin list at
<cygwin at cygwin dot com>.
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, La Monte H.P. Yarroll wrote:
> In http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#YANALATEYHSMBSI you wrote:
> "Don't try to pronounce it. Just... don't"
> Clearly a challenge if ever I heard one. This is a remarkably simple
> acronym to pronounce:
> YANA-LATEY(almost LADY)-HISSEM-BISSEE
Thanks for the suggestion.
Well, let's see how well it bodes with the Cygwin community. If it gets
accepted, this might go into the OLOCA. I wish you sent the original to
the Cygwin list, so I could link to it in that case... Oh, well.
> IANAL, but I play a Linguist on television.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html