This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe what versions ?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: David Balazic <david dot balazic at hermes dot si>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:38:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: setup.exe what versions ?
- References: <600B91D5E4B8D211A58C00902724252C01BC0391@piramida.hermes.si>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, David Balazic wrote:
> I already have cygwin installed and want to install gcc ( I do not have
> it currently installed ).
> I run setup.exe, and have two options for gcc , versions 3.3.1-2 and 3.2-3.
> Now I had some problems last time with some experimental package
> versions that are not compatible to the rest and therefore do not work
> at all.
> So my question is, which gcc version is non-experimental ?
> The older version ?
> I there some simple rule ?
> Thanks in advance !
The simplest thing you can do is look at the announcements for each
version and see whether they mention anything special (like requiring
Cygwin 1.5.*). The announcements are in the cygwin-announce archives (at,
for example, <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/>). HTH,
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html