tcsetattr ()

As far as I can tell, the Cygwin 1.5+ releases has broken tcsetattr ().
It appears that tcgetattr () works OK, but tcsetattr () seems to have
no affect on the tty's settings.  In addition, once I have manually
configured a port using either stty or the DOS mode command, my
routines see a lot of garbage in the tty input stream as well as some
indication of some extra characters.  This may be related to the
tcflush () problem reported in

    <20031013082714.77762606.martin.farnik@email.cz>.

Overall, what I'm seeing smells like a sizes of things problem due to
the 64 bit upgrade.

I have since reinstalled a 1.3.22 release I had archived and my serial
communications stuff now works as expected.