This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ash does not understand '~'
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:03:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: ash does not understand '~'
- References: <F0D7281DAB048B438E8F5EC4ECEFBDDC175F68@esmail.elsag.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 12:37:10PM +0200, J?rg Schaible wrote:
> BTW: It does also not know the "[ ]" syntax for a built-in test, you always have to use "test":
> if test -f /etc/hosts; then
> echo "/etc/hosts exist!"
Beep. Wrong. It knows [ ]
> and you cannot combine export with an assignment, you have to write separate statements:
> export VARIABLE
Beep. Wrong, too. export var=value is a vaild bourne shell syntax.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html