This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Install problem
- From: Peter Aarestad <aarestad at netzero dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:31:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: Install problem
- References: <email@example.com>
Peter Aarestad wrote:
I downloaded the newest Cygwin installer today from the website, but
when I run it, I get this error during the step when the installer
attempts to get the list of download sites:
Can't get list of download sites.
Make sure your network settings are correct and try again.
Now, I know my net is up (I'm posting from this very PC, after all), so
how can I trouble-shoot this? The error pops up immediately when trying
to download "mirrors.lst". Any help would be appreciated.
A couple of addenda:
1) I have a direct connectino to the internet (via my router) and I've
run the installer many times before.
2) I just downloaded another program that tries to connect to the
Internet (Apple's iTunes program) and it's reporting similar problems
accessing the internet. However, my copy of Mozilla (1.4) is working fine.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html