Cygwin - Windows NT Server

We are using Cygwin on windows NT to run postgresql database. This database is interacting wich our JSP application.
the problem is that the database stops listening to the server requests after 15-20 minutes. The cygwin console where Postgres is started does not show any shutdown message. But the server is not able to retrieve data after 15-20 minutes. When we try to start the database again, it gives that the database is already running.
Is the compatibility of NT to Cygwin a issue?
Do we need to do add some patches for NT and Cygwin?
Is it the ipc-daemon issue?

Please let us know if anyone has faced same problem and have found solution to it.

Thanks
Shekhar Khanna
FSL Software Technologies Ltd.
New Delhi