This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Re: Problems with .exe files
- From: "Kris Thielemans" <kris dot thielemans at csc dot mrc dot ac dot uk>
- To: "Kris Thielemans" <kris dot thielemans at csc dot mrc dot ac dot uk>,<ADeFaria at Salira dot com>
- Cc: "Gnuwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:31:14 +0100
- Subject: RE: Re: Problems with .exe files
oops. that went off too fast. ignore previous email. sorry
> Why would you think that you can cp t as just "t" but you'd
> have to touch "t.exe"?
> The real name of the file is t.exe, for touch, cp, rm, etc. The
> only time that just "t" suffices is for exec.
Because it used to work on older cygwin. I suspect exactly to get
Makefile and other automated processes tow rok, and I quite like it.
For example on an older cygwin (1.3.22-1)
cp t a
ls a -> says a exists
ls a* -> says a.exe exists
However, I now notice that
doesn't work on that version as well, so that's not new behaviour.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html