This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cron and hibernate
- From: "Paul Y. Peng" <ypeng at math dot mun dot ca>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:03:56 -0230
- Subject: cron and hibernate
I have two problems with cron:
1. Where can I get cron.README? I found several places where this file is
referred to. But I can't find it in my installation of cygwin. Running
setup.exe shows that I have all files in Admin and Doc installed on my
PC. I thought this file may be important for me to use cron properly.
2. Currently I just go to /usr/sbin/ and run cron directly. It works until
after the PC is restored from the hibernate state. Both Windows task
manager and bash+ps show that cron is a running process. But it just
does not respond to the job in crontab. Does anybody have experience of
this problem to share?
I am using cron/crontab with a WinXP pro on a Laptop. I checked cygwin list,
Cygwin documents and web and couldn't find answer to these problems.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html