Re: Perl, the GMP library, and the Math::BigInt::GMP module

Hallo Peter,

Am Donnerstag, 9. Oktober 2003 um 14:13 schriebst du:

> I'll see if I can find the fix again and then will ask the maintainer
> why it is still failing.

>>> As a workaround try creating a symlink libgmp.dll.a libgmp.a or
>>> create an empty libgmp.a in /usr/lib.

>> I made the symlink

>>    /usr/lib/libgmp.a -> /usr/lib/libgmp.dll.a

I fixed this in Kid.pm which is part of perl's MakeMaker, will release
a new perl as soon as possible.

>> and it now builds, but with many errors:

> I wrote the maintainer about it, cannot say what the problem is.

I figured that the GMP library on Cygwin is broken.  Either wait until
the maintainer releases a better version or compile GMP yourself.

Regards,
Gerrit
--
=^..^=