This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl, the GMP library, and the Math::BigInt::GMP module
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: "Peter J. Acklam" <pjacklam at online dot no>
- Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:46:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: Perl, the GMP library, and the Math::BigInt::GMP module
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <3F87435C@epostleser.online.no><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Am Donnerstag, 9. Oktober 2003 um 14:13 schriebst du:
> I'll see if I can find the fix again and then will ask the maintainer
> why it is still failing.
>>> As a workaround try creating a symlink libgmp.dll.a libgmp.a or
>>> create an empty libgmp.a in /usr/lib.
>> I made the symlink
>> /usr/lib/libgmp.a -> /usr/lib/libgmp.dll.a
I fixed this in Kid.pm which is part of perl's MakeMaker, will release
a new perl as soon as possible.
>> and it now builds, but with many errors:
> I wrote the maintainer about it, cannot say what the problem is.
I figured that the GMP library on Cygwin is broken. Either wait until
the maintainer releases a better version or compile GMP yourself.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html