Re: Can't build cygwin from CVS: configure error

Hannu E K Nevalainen wrote:

From: Micha Nelissen
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 2:58 PM

May I guess that you did the same as I did, i.e. follow the instructions on
cvs page... Then you need THIS information too:

I used the "How do I rebuild the tools on my NT box?" instructions. I have installed the source in my home directory: ~/src/cygwin/src. I am building from ~/src/cygwin/obj with '../src/configure --prefix=~/cygwin-install && make'

from http://cygwin.com/contrib.html
<QUOTE>
_Building the development version of Cygwin_

Note that minimally, the top-level source tree needs to contain:

Makefile.in, config, config-ml.in, config.guess, config.sub, configure,
configure.in, include, install-sh, libiberty, ltconfig, ltmain.sh, missing,
move-if-change, newlib, symlink-tree, winsup, ylwrap.
<END>

Ok, got these.

... and note that "/src/configure" in the FAQ seems to reference this -^
configure.

Sorry, seems to reference what?

Thanks very much for your reply,

Micha.