RE: Installed 1.5.5, need to back off to 1.3.22

At end.

When I start up Xemacs, the window appears, and it starts to show the
packages it's loading.  After a while, however, the display of the
window gets corrupted.  The window decorations and border disappear, and
text doesn't show up.  The toolbar icons look fine, however.  If I type
in the opening buffer, it just prints a red block cursor for each
character.  It's not "hung", as I can press the key to exit, and it
exits fine.