Re: *** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 5. Terminating.

> Did you see this whole thread?
>
> <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-10/msg00447.html>

yes, but is it really related to what I'm talking about?  Nothing is
changing this local policy in real-time is it?  Also, this problem only
occurs with the very latest cygwin dll from setup, the version from about 2
weeks ago works perfectly fine so it smells like a newly introduced bug of
some kind.

Cygwin runs... for *some time* then when a cron job runs in the background
on my particular domain user everything stops working with the above errors.
(the cron job runs merrily along though every hour)

I also have encountered another "symptom" where WinXP won't log off or
shutdown properly after the cron job has run "a no. of times" (8 or 9).  I
haven't installed any other software or performed Windows Update since
updating Cygwin and I've never had any problems logging off or shutting down
ever before, so the finger points at the current problem child.  I select
Logoff or Shutdown, the machine just sits there doing nothing, the explorer
interface is still active and I can open up explorer windows (I can't *run*
anything because it is "shutting down")  and Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't bring up
the Task Manager.

Not a great situation.  (I will try the solution in the above message, but
it smells like something more serious to me)