This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem with tcsh-6.12.00-7.tar.bz2
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:55:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: problem with tcsh-6.12.00-7.tar.bz2
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.44.0310081753530.1902-100000@dragon>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 06:04:41PM -0600, Andrew Grimm wrote:
> This package includes /etc/csh.login which has the line:
> set TERM=cygwin
> This should instead read:
> set term=cygwin
> which will set the shell variable term and the environment variable TERM
> correctly when tcsh is used as the base shell for the Cygwin shell window.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll patch this for the next tcsh release.
Actually it shouldn't matter. $term is set correctly when starting
tcsh from a command line window nevertheless. The above `set' command
should never get called since Cygwin sets the TERM environment variable
to "cygwin" automatically, if $TERM isn't found in the environment.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html