Re: MySQLdb under cygwin's python

Alexy,

Please post instead of sending private email.

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 10:51:22PM -0400, Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
> I saw your expert commentary on python patches for cygwin, especially
> for postgresql popy, and I wonder if you came across building MySQLdb
> under cygwin as well.

Sorry, but I have no experience with MySQL.  However, others on the list
do.

> The thing doesn't link against the mysql.com original windows
> binaries, as it doesn't find the libraries and that's it.

The above will most likely not work or at least be problematic.  I
highly recommend linking against a Cygwin version if possible.

> As compiling mysql under cygwin itself seems dangerous (errors
> reported in database workings), I wonder what your take on it was/is?

IIRC (from the Cygwin list), the client side works under Cygwin, but the
server side has (or had) issues.  Since, Python should only need the
client side for an extension module, you should be fine.

Jason