This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GCC Compilation Error
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Paul Bezzam <bezzam at astro dot ocis dot temple dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 12:09:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: GCC Compilation Error
- References: <Pine.OSF.4.53.0310061155530.812772@gs873ps>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Paul Bezzam wrote:
> I have a question: I recently installed Cygwin, and I am trying to compile
> a C program. But I get this message after I use the compile command:
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.0/../.i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: Cannot find
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> I am pretty new at this..Can you please offer any help.
When the linker receives a -lBLAH flag, it looks for a file called
libBLAH.a (on Cygwin, also libBLAH.dll.a or BLAH.dll). The Cygwin package
search page at <http://cygwin.com/packages/> shows that "libuser32" is
contained in the w32api package. This means that to compile your program
you need to install that package (using Cygwin setup.exe). HTH,
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html