This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
HOMEPATH : not changed when /etc/passwd was changed
- From: Terrence Brannon <metaperl at urth dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 21:28:37 -0700
- Subject: HOMEPATH : not changed when /etc/passwd was changed
- References: <CFF3E15126A0EF4F96D9FABED7A40266715A49@mail.i.turbinegames.com> <3F7F1883.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20031004230945.GC9651@redhat.com>
I changed my username in /etc/passwd from "Terrence Brannon" to "metaperl"
And was elated when clicking on the cygwin start icon to login as metaperl.
However, HOMEPATH is set to \Documents\Terrence Brannon
and I cannot (a) unset HOMEPATH (b) export HOMEPATH=/home/metaperl to
any good effect
at the shell successfully.
When I try (a), Cygwin acts as if I had typed nothing: the value remains
When I try (b),
(b1) export HOMEPATH=$HOME does not change anything
(b2) export HOMEPATH=/home/metaperl changes it ,
but then xemacs still comes up with a white on white screen
when I open a shell
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html