This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
uw-ipop3d 2002e-1 corrupts all mails
- From: Patrick Eisenacher <eisenacher at fillmore-labs dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:45:02 +0200
- Subject: uw-ipop3d 2002e-1 corrupts all mails
- Organization: Fillmore Labs GmbH <http://www.fillmore-labs.com/>
my setup is
- Mozilla v1.4 as my mail client
- exim v4.24-1 as my MTA
- uw-imap-imapd 2002e-1's ipop3d as my pop server
Everything worked smoothly together on Cygwin 1.3.22-1 with
uw-imap-imapd 2002c-1 or 2002d-1.
Now, after upgrading to Cygwin 1.5.5-1 and to uw-imap-imapd 2002e-1,
when I retrieve mails, they show all kinds of corruptions:
- header lines are missing
- header lines are corrupted (cut off, glued together)
- header lines appear in the body, ie empty lines are inserted into the
- a line containing a single dot is appended to the body
Not every corruption type shows up in every mail, but the same ones show
up in a consistent way when sending & retrieving the same mail.
The mail is still ok in my user's inbox at /var/mail/<username>, so it's
not exim that is corrupting the mail. Oh and yes, the inbox is on a
Reading through the archives, it seems more people have problems with
the latest uw-imapd package.
I wonder whether the problem has already been identified by the
developers or - if it's Cygwin specific - by the maintainer and whether
there are any plans to release a new version in the near future.
If you need more information, please let me know.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html