Re: Using authentication under Apache for Cygwin

> Now that Apache for Cygwin seems to work more reliably I have started
> using it as my web server. However authentication (that was working with
> Apache for Windows) broke. I'm wondering if this is an Apache for Cygwin
> specific problem.
>
> I used to have this implemented at the server level in the httpd.conf
> file like so:
>
> # Secure addbug form
> <Directory "//sonscentral/users/adefaria/www/Internal/Release/addbug/">
>     AuthName "permission to add a bug"
>     AuthType Basic
>     AuthUserFile /etc/apache/addbug_users
>     Require valid-user
> </Directory>
>
> However that fails to work. The user is let in without being prompted
> for a username/password. I've also tried using a .htaccess file:
>
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "permission to add a bug"
> AuthUserFile /etc/apache/addbug_users
>
> Require valid-user
>
> With the same non-success. I had cranked up the loglevel in the hopes
> that something about the failure would be written to the logs but
> nothing is. How can I debug/fix this? Does Apache for Cygwin do any
> authentication at all?
>
> Apache 1.3.24; Cygwin 1.5.4

did you used "AuthGroupFile /dev/null" in this scope too?

I have no clue for this, because Authentication using the standard
mod_auth was working very reliably since decades for me.

BTW, why is the <Director> path starting with *two* slashes? Maybe we
got the raeson for this behaviour at this point.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80