Re: Cygwin v1.5.5-1: g++ produces "Entry Point Not Found" error

Igor,
   Please make sure your mailer honors the Reply-To: header.
     - Sorry, but what's that suppose to mean?  What can I do to change it?
   Are you still getting them, BTW?
     - Yes.
   Did you reboot since you tried g++ last?
     - Yes.
   Did the reboot help?
     - No.

   If not, did you search for copies of cygwin1.dll *outside* of your
Cygwin tree?
     - Yes, I had searched my whole C: drive and no there is just 1 copy
of cygwin1.dll.

   In case you want some source to bring out the error message, the
attached files should do.  (At least it brought out the error message in
my machine.)

Ken

> Ken,
>
> Please make sure your mailer honors the Reply-To: header.
>
> FWIW, your cygcheck output looks pretty normal -- I don't see any reason
> for the messages you're getting.
>
> Are you still getting them, BTW?  Did you reboot since you tried g++
last?
> Did the reboot help?
>
> If not, did you search for copies of cygwin1.dll *outside* of your Cygwin
> tree?  I specifically mentioned them in the last line of my message.
> 	Igor
>
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Kin Ming Ng wrote:
>
> >      Sorry that I had forgot to include a cygcheck attachment, here it
> > is...  In any case, the Cygwin v1.5.5-1 is a fresh installation
downloaded
> > directly from www.cygwin.com using the default setup.exe.  I do wanted
> > point out one thing however, I did encounter some problems during the
> > usage of setup.exe to download "all" of the files first into my
computer
> > to install cygwin.  I had to make several attempts in order to
download a
> > complete setup of "all" the files.  I wonder if this has anything to do
> > with the problem because I only found 1 copy of cygwin1.dll inside the
> > installed cygwin directory.
> >
> > Ken

> > > The guidelines for reporting Cygwin problems are outlined in
> > > <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.  It would have helped if you had
> > > attached (as an uncompressed text *attachment*) the output
of "cygcheck
> > > -svr".
> > >
> > > At a guess, you either have an older cygwin1.dll (i.e., you had a
Cygwin