Re: Are older/prior version(s) of Cygwin available for download somewhere?

At 10:51 PM 9/15/2003, Fish you wrote:
>Is there somewhere where someone could download an older version of
>cygwin binaries?
>
>I'm currently using 1.3.22 and it's working fine, but as far as I know
>there's no place where I can download it from.
>
>As far as I know, using the setup.exe is the only was to obtain cygwin,
>and the only version it offers is the current 1.5.3-1 version which I
>don't want. I want to be able to download, say, the 1.3.22 I'm using.
>
>Don't you (or SOMEONE) maintain an archive of older versions somewhere
>where I can direct users to?

No, an archive isn't maintained at cygwin.com.  The reasons for this
have been discussed before so I won't go into them.  I'll simply point
you to the email archives and your favorite search engine if you're
curious about the details.  Now, just because there isn't such an
archive at cygwin.com doesn't mean you can't keep one yourself or
that someone else might not already be doing so.  But using out-dated
software means that you won't find sympathetic ears here if you come
looking for help with problems you may find.  So, certainly the option
is yours when it comes to the version of the software you run.  But if
you don't have a really pressing need to use old software, you should
consider making yourself current.

HTH,

Holliston, MA 01746