Re: Setup 2.358 Hangs During Post-Install Script

Dan,

The XFree86-bin-icons package is buggy.  It's basically a postinstall
script that tries to create icons for the X programs that are installed on
your machine.  The problem is that it tries to create them in the Start
Menu for "All Users" without checking whether the current user can write
to it.  I'm not quite sure why it hangs for you, but you can try runnning
that script manually via "bash -x" and seeing where it hangs.  If you do
investigate, please post your findings to the cygwin-xfree list.  If you
don't want to bother, simply do not install the XFree86-bin-icons package
(all it does is provide the Start Menu icons -- not essential).
	Igor
P.S. Note to setup developers (myself included -- just want to get this
into the archives for now): even though postinstall scripts are not
interactive, their output *is* logged, so they should print something that
tracks their progress (maybe even be run with the -x flag, but that's
probably overkill).  We should put some words to that effect on the
setup.html page.

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu