Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] NEW: mingw-zlib-1.1.4-4

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 11:18:01PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>So basically this means that everyone wanting to compile Cygwin from
>>>CVS or source tarball will have to install this package, right?
>>
>>If they want this functionality, yes.
>
>Yes.  Currently, the package is in the 'Mingw' group (for lack of
>anything better).

Tsk, tsk.  I didn't notice that you invented a new category.

I don't see any reason why this should just be in Libs.  It's a mingw
library but, since we don't make the Mingw distinction for anything
else, I don't know why zlib should be different.  The description
should be adequate, IMO.

Note that cygcheck will still compile and link without this libarary.
You'll get a warning and the resultant program won't be able to access
the package files.

cgf