Re: 1.5.4s assertion "hsig_inited" failed

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 09:10:12PM -0400, Rolf Campbell wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 04:44:58PM -0400, Rolf Campbell wrote:
>>>I started a large build, then hit ^Z.  Then "fg", and this is what
>>>happened:
>>A large build shouldn't even recognize the ^Z if you are running this from
>>the console.  Your TERM=xterm below.  Are you running this under X?
>
>I am using RXVT.  Does RXVT set TERM=xterm?  That's my only guess, I
>don't set that variable myself.

Huh.  I guess so.  It does so for me, as well.

This problem sounded familiar so I did a little archive diving.  It was
reported before and I investigated it before.  I remember thinking that
this would be hard to fix owing to a race condition with signals in tty
code.  I can make this fail in various interesting ways even outside of
the pty/tty code, though.  So, I'm investigating why now.

cgf