Newby: setting up SSH

Hi, I'm new to SSH.  I've just installed Cygwin on my Win2000 workstation.
My goal is to connect to it from Linux box and copy files from Linux to
Win2000.  I can connect to my windows box from Linux and browse the
directories.  But I need to set up and automated file transfer and therefore public and private keys.
I think my set up is not complete/correct.
When I run ssh localhost on my win2k  I see a message:
Cannot create directory /cygdrive/h/username: no such file or dir
Well it's looking at h drive and I need it to look at c drive.  Where do I change that?  Also, the authorized_keys file should reside in my home
directory, will that be /cygdirve/c/username/.ssh?
It also says that user name or group hasn't been setup correctly.  What
should I do to set it all up?
Thanks in advance.
N.K.